Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My mom called this morning to tell me that she had been at the calling hours before the funeral of one of her cousins yesterday. Sandy was 52, and by all accounts was the picture of health. She ate right, liked to exercise (running, yoga, etc), didn't smoke. And yet a few days after her birthday in May, she began treatment for what they thought was pneumonia, only to find a tumor in her lung. Further investigation revealed the cancer to be everywhere. She had no idea. Her husband remarked that two months ago she was jogging down Michigan Ave. in Chicago, and now she was gone. Kind of makes you stop and think, and wonder if it's all worth it. But I'm not going to use that as an excuse to eat everything in sight, so here is my food journal for today:

1 bowl of bran flakes with milk
14 oz. glass of water
20 oz. bottle of water
1 bran muffin
large mug of English Breakfast tea w/2 teaspoons of sugar
1 small pancake w/syrup
3 sausage links (tried to stop at two, but I love sausage)
14 oz. glass of sweet tea
4 oz lowfat cottage cheese
1/2 can of pineapple chunks in juice
brown rice
green beans
pork chops marinated in honey, mustard and ginger ale
14 oz. glass of sweet tea
large mug of decaf English Breakfast tea w/2 teaspoons of sugar

Good grief I'm hungry tonight. My tea is brewing right now, so hopefully that will help. Maybe in a few days I will no longer feel like eating everything in sight.

No comments: