Monday, July 14, 2008

Ok, so I've got a pretty good exercise routine going. I spend 30 minutes on the cross trainer, "running" just under 3 miles. My thought is that when Alison is back in school, I'll try and get that up to a whole 3 miles. Right now, I'm trying to keep to a time limit. After the cross trainer, I stretch for a few minutes and then spend about 30 minutes +/- a few minutes using the weight machines. They have them separated into a row of upper body machines and a row of lower body machine. I alternate, doing upper body one day and lower body the next, so that over the course of two weeks, I've done each 5 times (except for those weeks when we're not home for part of a week).

So my exercise program is in place and now I need to stop eating like a truck driver.

I've read that people who keep a food journal are more successful at their weight loss program. That is makes them really stop and think about whether or not they really want to eat what they're about to eat because it's going to be there for a family member or weightloss partner to see. Well, I got to thinking, what better way to keep myself accountable than to put my "food journal" on my blog where anyone that happens by can see it. So here it goes.

1 bowl of bran flakes with milk
14 oz. glass of water
20 oz. bottle of water
1 bran muffin
1 large mug of English Breakfast tea w/two teaspoons of sugar
1 bowl of Campbell's Bean with Bacon soup
14 oz. glass of sweet tea
14 oz. glass of water
4 oz. lowfat cottage cheese
1/2 can of pineapple chunks in juice
1 pancake w/syrup
3 sausage links
14 oz. glass of sweet tea
1 large mug decaf English Breakfast tea w/ two teaspoons of sugar

When it comes to my tea, I'm a southern girl at heart I love sweet tea, and I'm not going to give it up. I'm compromising, though, and using half sugar and half Splenda. Now, there have been a few times that I really wanted to go get something else to eat. After I put Alison to bed I really wanted to get the rest of the ice cream that was in the freezer, but I didn't. I guess maybe they're right about the food journal thing. Only time will tell, I guess.

No comments: