Sunday, December 4, 2005

I went to church this morning. I'm not sure if it was a such a good idea or not. They had baptisms today and that was hard, even though the youngest child was our neighbors' 8 month old. The awkwardness I hoped to avoid by being selective in who I told about what was going on before Matthew was born is there in full force now. I know we were avoided by several people this morning. Others came over to offer hugs and see how we are doing. The funny thing is I'm generally fine until someone asks me how I'm doing. I am glad I went today, though. I needed to get out of the house.
___________

My parents left today. In fact, my mom just called to let me know they made it home. They'd been here since before Thanksgiving. I'm glad they were here because they've been a lot of help, especially with Alison, who has been a real handful lately. Every time I turned around, my mom was doing dishes. She finished up all the ironing I didn't get to before Thanksgiving and then did all the laundry and ironed that, too. At least we're caught up for next week, I guess, but I felt bad that she was doing so much on her "vacation." So tonight, because I sent Kevin and Alison off to church for youth group (Kevin's a counselor), I'm home by myself. I think I needed to have a little time alone.

3 comments:

Melodee said...

Is there anything I can do? I feel so helpless when I think about you. You're constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Debbie said...

I wish there were something you could do, Mel, but this is something I just have to keep working through. Knowing that you're out there and that you care helps a lot.

Tina said...

(((Debbie)))
I have spent the last few minutes catching up with your entries here. I am again so sorry for your loss...I am crying right along with you...