Friday, December 2, 2005

I can't believe it's been a whole week already. In some ways it seems like so long ago. In others it seems like the blink of an eye.

Physically, I'm doing pretty well. I got my staples taken out on Wednesday. I take a few Motrin at night before I go to bed, just in case, but I haven't really needed anything for pain, at least not on a regular basis, for a couple of days. I'll be able quit the Motrin altogether in a couple of days. I can cough without pain, which is good since I'm still getting over this cold I picked up two weeks ago. But I'm tired a lot. I can be sitting in a chair watching tv and the next thing I know I've fallen asleep. I stretched out on the couch tonight while Alison was watching "Rudolph" (we have the DVD) and ended up sleeping through most of it. I wonder if I'll be able to go to sleep tonight when I decide to go to bed.

Going to bed.....that when it's the worst. I don't think I've gone to bed without crying once this week. When I close my eyes I see Matthew, fighting so hard, not wanting to give up. I get caught off guard during the day, too. I can be perfectly fine one minute and just on the edge of being a complete mess the next, for no apparent reason. It's like somebody just flipped a switch. I just have to take it a moment, an hour, a day at a time and tell myself that things will get better eventually.

3 comments:

Sis said...

((((((Debbie))))) My heart aches for you :*(

Melodee said...

Eventually. Eventually. Meanwhile, one second at a time, I suppose. Hang in there.

Dawn said...

(((Debbie))) Hang in there. You're in my prayers. Just take it one moment at a time.