Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Two entries from me in one day.....it's rare for me to do one entry a day, this might be some kind of record.

So today after Story Time, Alison and I went upstairs to the grown up's area of the library so I could pick out a couple of books for myself. I'm working through our library's list of classic fiction. Alison let me look around long enough to find one book on the list and then it was time to go. On the way to the check out desk, I passed the Book Express area (Book Express is mostly for newer books, both fiction and non-fiction, and is a 7 day check out with no renewals) and saw that there was finally a copy of The Da Vinci Code available. In fact, there were several copies there today. As probably one of the last people on the planet who has not read this book, I've been waiting for a copy to turn up for months, so I grabbed it.

Fast forward to lunch today. Kevin says to me, "You don't think your mom would get you The Da Vinci Code for Christmas do you?" "Well, I don't think so, but I hope not because I just checked it out of the library today," I said. He tells me to take it back. "You've got to be kidding," I say. "I've been waiting for months to get a copy of this book and I finally get one and you're telling me to take it back?!?" "Take it back," he said.

So now I know what one of my Christmas gifts is going to be. Oh well, at least I won't have the pressure of having to finish it in a week hanging over my head when I finally get a chance to read it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I will have the dubious distinction of being the last person on the planet to read it!

Mel

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy the book...I thought it was pretty interesting...

~Tina