Saturday, December 18, 2004

It's Saturday afternoon and I still have a million things I would like to get done today (not really, but you know what I mean), and yet here I sit, not doing any of them. In spite of this, I do feel like I've accomplished quite a bit today. I got to the mall at 9:00, which was later than I had originally intended, but early enough, and finished almost all of my Christmas shopping by 10:30. We still have gifts to buy for Alison, and I need to get something for my future SIL, but other than that, I am done. One of the "million" things I would still like to do today is start wrapping presents. I have also done 3 loads of laundry (all Alison's), and mixed up 3 batches of cookie dough. One batch is baked, but the others are chilling in the fridge right now. And, I have just about finished putting up my Christmas decorations. But right now, I'm tired.

In other news, Alison got her brace yesterday. I should be writing about this in her blog, and I will, soon, but it came to mind while I was typing, so I thought I'd put it here. She's doing well with it, for the most part. We did have to pick her up a new pair of tennis shoes to wear when she doesn't have the brace on because the orthotist ripped the insole out of her other shoe so we could fit the brace in. The other thing we had to find was knee socks, because she needs a sock that goes up over her calf so that the back of the brace doesn't rub on her calf so much. It is very hard to find knee socks in December. There was a Children's Place a the the mall we were at last night and we tried looking there and they only have knee socks in June and July, for back-to-school shoppers whose kids need them for their school uniforms. We tried several other places, and finally found some that are really too big, but will do, at another shoe store. The problem is that she has such small feet. These socks would probably fit the average almost-2 1/2-year old foot, but we've got an extra inch of sock hanging past her toes. But, we've found another upside to not having feeling in that foot....she can't feel that there is a bunch of sock wadded up in the toe of her shoe! I'm going to be on the lookout for toddler sized tube socks (if they even exist.....better check out the boys socks next time I'm in Walmart), though, because I'd like to have something that fits her a little better and we still need a few more socks. The two pair that we bought only gives us 4 days.

Well, it would seem I've dilly-dallied here long enough. Alison should be waking up from her nap anytime now, and it's time for me to get back to my "chores."

No comments: