Thursday, October 21, 2004

Oh my gosh, what a long day. We had to be in Ann Arbor for Alison's appointment at 9:30. We left in plenty of time to be there, or so we thought. At 9:00 we were about 10 miles away from our exit off US23 when we suddenly came to a stand-still. The right lane was closed three miles ahead. It took us 25 minutes to go those 3 miles. I called the doctors office at about five after nine to let them know we were stuck in traffic and would get there as soon as we could. We ended up being about 15 minutes late. The appointment itself took most of the morning, running from here to there and lots of waiting. You can read more about it here.

We put Alison down for her nap when we got home and I started my cleaning frenzy. I took about half an hour off to talk to my mom about how things had gone. Traci and Kevin were supposed to have been leaving Nashville at about 8:30 their time (9:30 our time) and arriving at our house around 7:30. I had precious little time to finish up all the picking up and dusting and stuff. Traci called around 5:00 to tell us they were at her parents' (near Dayton) and would be staying there for the night and coming the rest of the way in the morning. Geez!! I could have taken a nap this afternoon instead of killing myself cleaning. Well, at least I'll be able to go to bed early tonight.

No comments: