Friday, October 22, 2004

This racing around in the morning is going to get really old really fast. I had to be at the doctor's office between 8 and 8:45 again this morning for bloodwork and ultrasound. I got a little smarter today, though. I gave Alison her milk to drink in the car (which I had done on Wednesday) and brought half of her breakfast with me so she could eat it while we waited. That way, all she still needed to eat when we got home was her oatmeal. That worked out well. There weren't all that many ladies there this morning, but it still seemed we had to wait forever. We didn't get home until almost 9:30 again. After Alison finisher her breakfast, I vacuumed the house (including the basement) and ran around with a Swiffer duster finishing up the cleaning I didn't get to yesterday.

The ultrasound went well. I've got a couple of more follicles, and the big one is measuring at almost 20 mm. Laurie said she thought I'd probably stim through the weekend, have bloodwork and ultrasound again on Monday and time for prodecure on Wednesday. That would have been fine with me. When she called with my test results in the afternoon, she told us we'd be timing for procedure on Monday. Ack!! All righty then!

Traci and Kevin got her at about 12:45 this afternoon. They had a much better drive today than they did yesterday. I gave them the 50 cent tour and they really liked the house. (Phew! As I said before, I don't know why that was such a big deal to me, but it was.) Traci liked what I did with the bathroom. Our shower curtain has a seashell/underwater jaquard print to it, so I got some seashell stamps and stamped the bathroom walls.

We've pretty much spent the day/evening just hanging out and watching Alison bounce off the walls. It was nice to have someone to keep Alison occupied while Kevin gave me my shot. She does pretty well staying in the living room while he's doing it, but every now and then she'll sneak down the hall and poke her head in the bedroom. While he's not doing anything bad, I just don't think she needs to watch her father jamming a needle in her mother's rear end. After tomorrow night, we get a slight break on the injections. That will be nice.

No comments: