Sunday, October 17, 2004

My MIL is finally gone. I am so glad. It was not a pleasant visit. For the last week I've been made to feel unwelcome in my own home. And I've also been made to feel that I could not interact with my own child. All this because my MIL lives far away, doesn't get to see Alison very often and wanted to be able to "bond" with her. As a result, my fairly well behaved child is gone and I have a spoiled brat on my hands right now. How on earth did that happen in only a week?

Now the work of getting my house back in order and my daughter back under control begins. We are having company in again on Thursday. My best friend from college and her husband are coming. This is a visit I'm really looking forward to, but am also slightly dreading. They've been to visit us once before, but they've never been to our house. That's where the slight sense of dread is coming in. What are they going to think of our house? I'm not sure why it really matters, but it does. It probably stems from the fact that they built a brand new house a few months after they got married. I've been there twice now, and in reality it's not that much bigger than our house, and they haven't really taken such great care of it. We been working like crazy trying to get odds and ends projects finished up around here before they come. There's still a lot of things I'd like to do, but I think the house is looking pretty good.

Oh well, whether they like the house or not, it's going to be fun having them here. I just hope Alison cooperates. :)

No comments: