Thursday, December 8, 2005

We've been getting sympathy cards just about every day since last Monday. They are mostly from friends, people at our church, and people at my parents' church. We got one from my OB/GYN's office, signed by most of the staff, which surprised me. And we also got one from our dentist. We recently found out that he goes to our church, but it still surprised me.

The funeral director called yesterday to tell us that Matthew's ashes are back and we can pick them, and the copies of his death certificate that we requested, up whenever we like. After taking care of the official business, he says to Kevin, "by the way, your dentist is my brother." I never would have put the two together. Sure, they have the same last name, but it's one of the most common last names in the country. Apparently the dentist saw the obituary in the paper and called the funeral director to get our address, saying "why didn't you tell me about this?" Funeral director replied "how am I supposed to know who your patients are?" Our question is, why didn't the dentist just get our address from his own records instead of calling his brother?

No comments: