Monday, October 31, 2005

I am beat!! I just got back from taking my little witch trick-or-treating. Perhaps Kevin will have to do the honors next year. No, really, it wasn't that bad. We actually went out twice. The first time we left we made it to two houses. We were headed back down the driveway after the second house when I got hit with the old "I have to go potty." Great. @@ We had just made her go to the bathroom before we got her into her costume. So I scooped her up, told her to hold it, carried her home, pushed past a group of kids at our front door and raced her to the bathroom. Too late. :( Well, we tried. She finished up on the toilet, but when we were cleaning her up I discovered, the hard way, that we didn't get her costume all the way out of the way. I told Kevin to grab some scissors because we were just going to cut the mess off (it was only a little bit of the mesh under skirt and it probably added to the "tattered" look of the costume). We got her cleaned up and I got her back into the rest of her costume and then manned the door while Kevin took care of the stuff that had to be changed. Then we were off again.

She ran and jumped and hopped her way down one side of the street and back up the other. We had had a talk about the rules of trick-or-treating, so at least she didn't try to go into all the houses this year....well, at least not many. She doesn't knock on the doors very loudly, but she sure can yell "trick-or-treat." She was pretty good about saying thank you, too, though I did have to prompt her a few times. Everyone thought she was really cute. We made it home just as it was starting to sprinkle. Her pumpkin was pretty full and pretty heavy. I know this because I had to carry it home from the last house. At one point she switched it from one hand to the other because her arm got tired!

All in all, I think it was a pretty successful night.

Ready to go

No comments: