Tuesday, May 17, 2005

My daughter is so sweet. Yesterday, I was sick as a dog.....not morning sickness but some gastrointestinal bug. Kevin took the day off to take care of Alison since the only thing that I could get out of bed for was a run to the bathroom. He kept her away from our bedroom most of the day, because we didn't want to risk her getting sick, too, but he did let her come and stand in the doorway a few times so she could say hi. At one of those visits he told her, again, that mommy was sick and she said she was going to go get some medicine so mommy would feel better. I almost cried. Later in the day, while Kevin was making the two of them some supper, she got ahold of some sticky tabs that I had been using for marking pages and brought one to me. She said she had a band-aid for me and it would make me feel better. So she came in and stuck it on my hand and told me that now I would feel better.

Fortunately, whatever it was was only a 24 hour thing because I'm feeling much better today.

2 comments:

Melodee said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Tina said...

Sounds like your daughter is sweet, AND your husband is sweet. I am glad your sickness didn't last long...