Wednesday, March 30, 2005

We tried something new at our house today. Well, it was new for us, anyway. I've been meaning to do it for a while, but today I finally pulled out the paints and Alison did some finger painting. She didn't paint for very long, but I think she enjoyed it. She's such a prissy little girl when it comes to having messy stuff on her hands, but she didn't even hesitate to stick her fingers into the paint. If it got anywhere other than her fingertips, like further down her fingers or on the palm of her hand, she got a little upset, but I was able to convince her to just smear it onto the paper. I made one small contribution to the picture, a little blob of yellow that we're calling the sun. :)

We're definitely going to do this again soon, but first I think I need to buy some new paints. The ones we used today I bought when my oldest nephew was 2. He's now 6 1/2! And it would be helpful if we could fix the sink in our rec room so that we can wash hands there instead of hanging over the utility sink in the laundry room. I'll have to get Kevin working on that. :)

No comments: