Monday, February 7, 2005

Well, this Monday is starting out according to the stereotype.

This morning, at 8:00, I went to get my daughter up. When I got into her room I smelled urine. Well, I thought, she must have leaked out of her diaper. She was just waking up and I gave her butt a little pat in an effort to move her around a little so I could see how big of a leak it had been. Well, it turned out to be much bigger than I ever would have imagined because there was no diaper there. My husband had forgotten to put a diaper on our un-potty trained daughter last night when getting her ready for bed! Her sleeper was soaked, her sheet was soaked, she even managed to soak through the "waterproof" mattress pad I had on top of her regular mattress pad, which was also wet. So everything got stripped off the bed and is now whizzing around in the washing machine.

When I realized what had happened I grabbed the phone and called my husband. When he answered, I didn't even say hello, I just told him that we really need to wait until Alison is potty trained before we let her go all night without a diaper. He swore to me that he had put one on her, and when I insisted that she had no diaper on, he came to the realization that he had, in fact, forgotten to put one on her. We had a laugh and then we hung up, he to go back to work, and me to clean up the mess and get the rest of our day started. I'm almost afraid to find out what the rest of the day has in store for us. Think I'll get lucky and this will be the worst?

1 comment:

Melodee said...

That is funny!