Friday, January 28, 2005

About 10 years ago, maybe a little less, I decided to teach myself how to crochet. I bought a skein of yarn and the "I Taught Myself Crochet" kit and off I went. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get the hang of it, so I gave up and took up knitting instead. I was much more successful at that and I love to knit.

After finishing my last knitting projects (a baby blanket for a gift and a couple of dish cloths for me), I felt I needed a new challenge and decided to give crocheting a try again. It's taken a couple of days, but I think I've finally got the basic stitches figured out. I don't know if it's because I've been knitting for so long now, but it seems so much easier now than it did before. At any rate, I felt confident enough with my practice swatches to try a simple project. So I'm making myself a scarf. I had a little trouble at first, so I'm really on my second attempt, but it's looking pretty good. Maybe in a couple of days, just in time for the bitter cold to end and a scarf no longer be a necessity, I will have a brand new scarf. :)

No comments: