Friday, September 10, 2004

The week in review

Tuesday I had my ultrasound and mock trial. Everything looked fine on the ultrasound. The mock trial was okay, I guess. I just think that male doctors should never be allowed to say "you're going to feel a little bit of pressure" when shoving things through delicate female parts. Trust me, pressure was not what I was feeling. Because I have really retroverted uterus and Alison was born by c-section, in order to make getting the cathetar into my uterus easier at my real transfer I will be getting a stitch put in to straighten things out. Fortunately that will be done during retrieval and I will be unconcious.

On Wednesday we found out that Kevin's dad is not going to win his cancer battle. The tumor in his lung has double in size over the summer. He'll be getting chemo once a week to stretch the time he has left to 10 months, give or take, as opposed to the 4 months they gave him without it.
When we visit next weekend it will probably be the last time we see him. We're wondering why they didn't keep up with treatments over the summer because someone had to have know that this would happen. Or maybe that's why they didn't keep up the treatments.

Yesterday was Alison's appointment with her new SB doctor. You can read more about it here. It really wasn't a bad appointment. It would have been even better if it had been in the morning. Let's just say we had one cranky little girl on our hands last because the 45 minutes to hour nap that she took in the car was not enough but she would not agree to going to sleep again until bedtime.

Tonight is Kevin's company picnic and awards presentation. I think it will be fun. Kevin is scheduled to give plant tours this afternoon, so we're meeting him there. There will be food and cotton candy and popcorn. And clowns making balloon animals. I'm going to have my work cut out for me keeping Alison away from that. She love balloons, but she can't have the latex ones. :( After the awards, when if gets dark, they're going to have fireworks. Alison was not to thrilled with the ones we saw on Fourth of July, terrified is the word that comes to mind, so I bought some earplugs for her in the hopes that maybe that will help. If not, we'll just come home.

1 comment:

Melodee said...

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. :( And I hope the picnic was fun!