Monday, June 14, 2004

Oh! My Nose!!

For the past couple of days Alison has been sporting a Marcia Brady look, the look she had in the episode where she got hit in the face with the football right before her big date with school football star (who happened to be played by the same guy who was Fredrick in "The Sound of Music"). Alison got her smashed up nose from falling face first into the coffee table. She managed to do this while trying to get down off her father's lap. Unfortunately for her, daddy had his eyes glued to the television and had no idea what she was trying to do. She wiggled down, lost her balance and went right into the edge of the table.

It's times like these when I want to throttle Kevin. I happened to be on the phone with my mom at the time. I had already dragged his attention away from the tv once so that he could keep her from falling over in a laundry basket and smashing into the table. I could see that that she was about to fall from his lap into the table, but figured that the wriggling around would catch his attention, but no. Yet if I had said anything to him about it I would have gotten the sarcastic "I know, I know."

At least the huge bump went down a little overnight. It's now about the size of a small mosquito bite. It should be completely gone in a day or so and all we'll have to do then is wait for the bruise and the scratch to go away. Between that and all the scratches and bruises on her legs, I'm almost afraid someone will think she's being beaten! I hope we get through the clumsies soon!!

No comments: