Sunday, February 1, 2004

My Weight Loss Challenge

Yesterday was my first "official" weigh in since starting Dr. Phil's book. I lost a grand total of 5 pounds in the 5 1/3 days I've been on the program (I started with dinner on Sunday and weighed in before breakfast on Saturday). Yay me! Of course, I kind of blew it last night by going to Fazoli's for dinner. Oh well. It was just me and Alison, and I really wanted that Ham and Swiss Submarino. I suppose I could have skipped the second breadstick.

Now the hard part begins. I'm still on the "Rapid Start" part of the new meal plan. I don't think I'll lose another 5 pounds next week, though, so I have to keep my motivation up if I only lose a pound or 2. Ideally, I'd like to be able to lose about 2 pounds a week. That's realistic. To do so, I'm going to really have to keep up my exercise plan. I did really well getting up and doing Tae Bo all week. I really need to add my afternoon walks back in, though. Because it's been so darn cold here lately, I think I'm going to have to call the Community Center and find out how much it costs to drop in and walk on the indoor track. I also need to find out if I can take Alison with me in her backpack. I seem to recall there being only certain times of the day that that's allowed. This afternoon, though, it's sunny and in the mid 20's, so I think we're all going to go for a walk outside after Alison's nap.

No comments: