Saturday, March 8, 2008

Well, not much is happening. Yesterday I took Alison to meet some friends for lunch and play at Chuck E. Cheese. All in all, it was not bad. She's big enough that I felt comfortable letting her go off and do her thing....as long as she only had about 4 tokens at a time. That way she had to keep coming back and checking in with me if she wanted more. She actually at two pieces of pizza and I didn't have to harp on her to get her to eat them either. I was stunned.

Today has been a pretty laid back day. I tried to sleep in this morning, but I've picked up Alison's cold and I woke up coughing and couldn't get back to sleep so I finally gave up and got up. After that,
I accomplished nothing other than taking a nap this afternoon. So now I am wide awake when I should be thinking about going to bed. The time change tonight is going to make tomorrow really difficult!

I could have killed Kevin this morning. Alison said last night that she wanted to go out and play in (what's left of) the snow today. He thought about taking her sledding at the City Forest and I immediately vetoed that idea because she has school pictures again on Tuesday and an orthopedics appointment on Wednesday and I didn't want her coming home with her face smashed up or a broken bone, which is not outside the realm of possibility on the hill at City Forest. So they just went out and played in the yard instead. And he still managed to bring her in with one whole cheek, her upper lip, and her nose scratched up. He was pulling her around in on her sled and dumped her off and she did a face plant in the hard/icy snow. He assures me that it's going away and she will be fine by Tuesday, but I'm not so sure.

For the rest of the night, I'm going to ignore all the things I could/should be doing and kick back and watch a movie. I haven't decided which one yet....Pride and Prejudice with Kiera Knightly is on TV, but that's not my favorite version to watch and I don't know if I'll keep it on or not....so I guess I'll finish this up and peruse our movie collection to see if anything piques my interest.

1 comment:

Tina said...

It's good to see that you have the same blog as ever. I hope you update soon....and maybe you will include in there if Alison was healed up okay in time for the picture....:)