Friday, April 28, 2006

A couple of months ago, while at Home Depot, I saw some inexpensive seed kits. They came in an aluminum bucket and had the dirt, the seeds, and a couple of small digging tools. We had the choice of sunflowers or tomatoes, and we got one of each. I thought it would be a fun "project" for Alison and I. I put them into the coat closet until it was warm enough to be able to sit the buckets out on the deck. That time came last week. We dumped in the dirt, buried the seeds and tried to keep them watered but not drowned. Today, while trying to water but not drown, I noticed that we have sunflowers!! There are at least four little plants shooting up, maybe five. Nothing's happening in the tomato bucket yet, and I'm not sure whether they are going to make it or not, but we'll keep an eye on them. Alison is pretty excited about her new flowers. Heck, so am I. :)

1 comment:

Brandie said...

Pictures! I need to see pics of your little girl and little plants ;-)