Monday, October 3, 2005

Anyone who has ever spent a short period of time with my daughter will tell you that she talks almost constantly. And she loves when she gets the chance to talk on the phone. However, we've noticed that whenever she's talking to my mom and my mom asks if she's been a good girl, she gets real quiet, real fast. She doesn't want to talk about whether she's been a good girl. So imagine how funny it was when Kevin told me about a conversation Alison had with his step-mom yesterday. He had taken the opportunity to call her while he and Alison participated in our local CROP Walk. He had given Alison the phone and she was talking away and then all the sudden she got real quiet. And then she started talking again. When Kevin got back on the phone his step-mom told him what happened. She had asked Alison if she was being a good girl. When Alison stopped talking, she thought she had gotten cut off. I ended up talking to my mom tonight and I told her about what happened yesterday and all she could do was laugh.

It's not like we are constantly telling Alison that she's a bad girl or not telling her that she's a good girl....far from it. So I don't know why she doesn't want to talk about whether or not she's been a good girl. But it's kind of funny that she gets quiet when ever anyone asks her.

No comments: