Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I did a rather dumb thing today. I finished reading Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas (by James Patterson) today. It was a pretty good book, and a fast read....289 pages of fairly large type, for a paperback....I think it took me about 3 hours, total. Although I had some idea of what the book was about, I really wasn't prepared for the last diary entry. I have become teary over books before, but I don't really recall a time where I have completely broken down over a book. I'm talking a real honest to goodness sobbing, shaking, gulping breakdown. That's what the combinatinon of the story, the pregnancy hormones, and our current situation resulted in.

Now, that I have finished that book, the last one in my stack, I have nothing (new) left to read until we go to the library on Thursday. I guess I'll have to go peruse my bookshelves to find another quick read to tide me over until then.

2 comments:

Tina said...

My next door neighbor recommended that book to me. I must have read it last year. She told me to keep lots of kleenex handy. I needed it!

(((Debbie))) I can imagine it was really emotional for you....

Smoov said...

I need to read this book!