Thursday, April 14, 2005

Aarrrrrgggg!!

We've been making a little potty training progress. (Yes, we're back to potty training entries.....sorry). Alison has been wearing underwear again. Yesterday she was dry the whole evening and today she was dry the whole day (except for nap, when she wore a diaper). Unfortunately, she pooped in her underwear once last night and twice today. And now I'm not quite sure what to do. I yelled at her after the second time tonight, which was probably not the right thing to do, but she pooped not 10 minutes after having been in the bathroom to tinkle and she lied to me about it when I asked her if she had done it, so I was a bit exasperated. Before she went to bed tonight, we had a little chat about it. She has agreed that she won't poop in her underwear anymore and that she will tell us if she needs to go. I guess we'll see how that goes tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath. She just doesn't care if she is sitting in a poopy diaper or poopy underwear. She doesn't want to interrupt what she is doing to go to the bathroom. And when she does go she doesn't want to sit there any longer than it takes to tinkle. Once she's done that, she's done. We're going to need a lot more underwear before this battle is over. And I see a lot of extra loads of laundry in my future, too. :(

2 comments:

Tina said...

Those extra loads of laundry are why Riley is still in a diaper. I just can't deal right now. She speaks so well, and yet when her diaper is dirty she tells me it's not. I don't know if she's not making the connection, or if she doesn't want to deal with it...I assume it's the second one. Good luck with this one...

Melodee said...

But eventually, she'll be trained. I know it's exasperating--my boys were 3 and a half before they "got it."