Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I could have sworn it was Tuesday.....

....but it sure seems like a Monday kind of day. Today started out just fine. I had a dentist appointment this morning to get my permanent crown and get my spring aligner adjusted. I got to the office, got settled in the chair, got the temporary crown popped off and the area around what's left of the tooth cleaned up and then the assistant tried to seat the crown....and it didn't fit. The reason? It wasn't my crown. My crown was in Sault Ste. Marie. So I got my temporary put back on and scheduled an appointment for the Monday after we get back from vacation to get the permanent crown on, since it will be in the office by Thursday, but they couldn't guarantee exactly when and we're leaving early Friday, so I couldn't do it then.

The afternoon passed quite normally. I played around on the computer for a little bit, did some knitting and then went downstairs and attacked the baskets of ironing that were waiting for me. With that done, I came back upstairs, played around on the computer a little bit more and got ready to take Alison and Bo for a walk. I could see there were some pretty dark clouds over my house, but could also see blue sky surrounding the dark clouds so I thought everything would be fine, especially since it wasn't supposed to rain here until tomorrow night. Well, we didn't even make it to the end of our street before it started pouring down rain. It didn't last long. It had stopped by the time I got Alison off my back and got her "umbrella" snapped on and got her back up on my back. We continued on our walk and I thought we were set. But alas, about 10 minutes later I was walking in another downpour. Fortunately it was in the low 80's today, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I still could have done without a second shower today. Once we got throught that, the rest of the walk was pretty nice.

We have to go out and do a little pre-vacation shopping tonight. I hope we get it all done without some kind of disaster.


No comments: