Friday, May 14, 2004

A Story From Mother's Day

As I said in my previous entry, Kevin took us and my parents out to brunch Sunday morning. While we were eating, I commented that I thought Alison was doing a pretty good job behaving and my mom agreed with me. She said that she was behaving a lot better than the little boy behind the divider, who had a good three years on her. As I was sitting there thinking that was an interesting thing for my mom to say, my dad leaned over to her and said exactly what it was that I was thinking "That used to be your little boy."

My brother was, at times, a holy terror when he was little. I feel quite certain that if/when we have another baby, if it's a boy, we are really in for it. Heck, I think we're in for it even if we were to have a girl. Alison really has us spoiled because she's pretty good most of the time. I have no qualms about taking her almost anywhere. Despite everything, she's an overall happy kid and takes things in stride.

No comments: