Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Will It Never End?!?

It looks like Alison has another cold, or the cold she had before never left, I'm not sure which. Whatever it is, it's been going on since the middle of February. She's coughing and sneezing again. She needs sleep desperately, yet keeps waking up coughing. I thought she might have felt a little warm this morning, but a short while later I thought she felt fine. Since she's too squirmy to do it any other way than rectally, I didn't take --or have Kevin take-- her temperature before nap because I didn't want to risk making her poop and wake up early. It didn't really matter because she started coughing about an hour after she went to sleep. That kept up, off and on, for nearly half an hour and then stopped for about as long and seems to be starting again. :(

It's cold, cloudy and damp today, so I guess we'll be walking at the mall. While fresh air wouldn't hurt, being out in the windy cold probably isn't what the doctor would order. I hope we can keep it from getting bad enough to need Albuterol treatments again. Those make all of us miserable.

I hope we're able to kick this thing for good soon. We're going to visit Kevin's dad in less than a month and I can't help but think it would not be a good idea for him to be around a sick kid while going through chemotherapy and radiation. On the other hand, I don't want to keep her away from him --or stay home with her-- because we have no way of knowing if this is the last chance he'll have to see her.

No comments: