Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Weekly Weigh In

I neglected to write about my weekly weigh in on Saturday. That is not because it wasn't good, but because I didn't have time. At any rate, I lost 3 pounds last week. That puts me at a net loss of 8 pounds in 3 weeks. I've also lost almost 2 inches off both my hips and my waist. Yay me!

The weather has been holding out, so we walked every day last week (well, not over the weekend, time and temperature issues then) and have been out twice this week so far. It's starting to get a little treacherous in some places, though. We've had some sunny days and some higher temps, so the snow is starting to melt. Unfortunately it's still getting really cold at night, so there are lots of icy spots on the sidewalks. It's not a whole lot of fun trying to navigate the icy trail while our dog, having already cleared the ice, is pulling me down the sidewalk. But it's good to be out of the house for a while.

I've also started doing some resistance training. There is a tubing workout on Dr. Phil's website that I had wanted to try out, but I didn't know how much the resistance tubes cost. I happened to see some at Target for $8, so I thought that was a price I could handle. :) I was sore the first day, mostly my butt and my legs, but I'm tough and only whined about it a little bit. I've decided to drop two Tae Bo workouts each week (Tuesday and Thursday) and substitute resistance training, and also do it on Saturday mornings. Since the workouts don't take as long as Tae Bo, I can sleep in an extra fifteen minutes.

I'm hoping to lose another 2 or 3 pounds this week. I think I can do it. The problem will be maintaining it over the weekend. We're going to our church's family retreat at Lake Louise. I'll just have to avoid the snack table, that's all. :)

No comments: