Thursday, January 22, 2004

Winter

I'm probably one of those rare people you find out there who actually like winter. I like snow. I think it's pretty. I wouldn't mind if we had snow from Thanksgiving until March. That's what I consider winter. I don't even mind it being cold. Usually.

Last year, it was a pretty mild winter. I mean, it was cold, but temps were average or above average for the most part. (Average for this time of year is the upper 20's, I believe.) As a result, we didn't have a whole lot of snow. That didn't thrill me so much, nor did it thrill Kevin because, now that he has one, he likes to use the snowblower. But, it didn't bother me too much either because Alison was too little to be out playing in the snow.

This year is a different story. We've got snow! We didn't get it until last week, but there's over a foot out there now. But we haven't been out to play in it much. Once, to be exact. Why? Because it's been too darn cold!! And when it does warm up a little bit, it snows again! If only we could find a happy medium. If it could just be a little warmer in the afternoon so that we could be out for a walk, which I think we're all (Alison, me and the dog) missing. We could play around in the snow some, too, and Alison might like it a little better. I don't care how cold it gets at night, and it can snow all it wants. All I want is a little bit of time to be able to be outside. Is that too much to ask? At this time, apparently so.

No comments: